Friday, January 10, 2014

Site Update



Let's start with a little backstory:

Last November, I had started working on a project with a friend of mine. Dude's name is Jacob, talented actor, and we were hanging out at Taco Del Mar and talking about a surfing cyborg.

Out of that conversation came the idea for a kick ass movie that I'm writing and he's going to make. So after my last review I took a few days off to work on that script.

That's when the kidney stone came back.

I had a kidney stone earlier in 2013 and it was the worst pain. Yeah, OK, it wasn't cancer eating my bones bad, but it was pretty awful. They compare it to giving birth, but unless babies are wrapped in barbwire, I don't think they compare.

Baby = Soft














Kidney Stones = Not Soft. And not as buff either.














Anyways, that damned kidney stone is still banging around in there almost a month later. I'm ready to just up and donate my kidneys and get it over with. Sure, I'd have to be on dialysis, but that's kinda like being a cyborg.

But anyways, the point is, stone or no stone, awful pain or mind numbing pain, I have to keep this site going. I also have to finish that script. So starting today you'll see reviews start to pop up again.

Starting with . . .whatever this was.












The second big piece of news is we now have a new award we'll be giving out: The Joshie!

A good friend of mine recently bought me a pack of "creature feature" movies and said "Ha! I want to see reviews of all of these!" The movies include "Snakeman," "Skeleton Man," "Mosquito Man," and "Shark Man" amoung others. The joke's on him, because I love these movies so in his honor from here on out the best AND worst (non-superhero) movie with the word "Man" in the title will receive a Joshie.

The only thing he loves more than men is female space kangaroos.

So there we go. Sorry I've been out of commission for so long. Oh, and before I go, Mr. Youtube Kidney Stone, I feel your pain but it's writhing in pain, not ryething in pain.














Once a critic, always a critic.


No comments:

Post a Comment